Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Concerning alterations in the cerebellum resulting from cerebral hydrocephalus. 1891.Pediatr Neurosci. 1987; 13: 3-8
- Review Article: Chiari type I malformation with or without syringomyelia: Prevalence and genetics.J Genetic Counseling. 2003; 12: 297-311
- Evaluation and management of the Chiari malformation type 1 for the primary care pediatrician.Pediatr Clin North Am. 2004; 51: 477-490
- Can Chiari malformation negatively affect higher mental functioning in developmental age?.Neurol Sci. 2011; 32: S307-S309
- Orthostatic intolerance and syncope associated with Chiari type I malformation.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2005; 76: 1034-1036
- The effects of posterior fossa decompressive surgery in adult patients with Chiari malformation and sleep apnea.J Neurosurg. 2010; 112: 800-807
- Chiari malformation and sleep related breathing disorders.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2007; 78: 1344-1348
- Sleep apnea and REM sleep behavior disorder in patients with Chiari malformations.Arq Neuropsiquiatr. 2008; 66: 344-349
- The International Classification of Sleep Disorders Diagnostic and Coding Manual. American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Westchester, IL2005
- Sleep-disordered breathing in children.Chang Gung Med J. 2009; 32: 247-257
- A prospective controlled study of sleep respiratory events in patients with craniovertebral junction malformation.J Neurosurg. 2003; 99: 1004-1009
- Sleep-disordered breathing in Chiari malformation type 1.Pediatr Neurol. 2008; 39: 207-208
- Multifactorial obstructive sleep apnea in a patient with Chiari malformation.J Neurol Sci. 1994; 126: 232-236
- Obstructive sleep apnoea with Arnold-Chiari malformation.Thorax. 1995; 50 (discussion 696-7): 690-691
- Arnold-Chiari malformation presenting as sleep apnea syndrome.Sleep Med. 2000; 1: 139-144
- Sleep apnea and the Chiari I malformation: Case report.Neurosurgery. 1988; 23: 508-510
- A case of Arnold-Chiari Type I malformation presenting with dysrhythmic breathing during sleep.Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 1998; 52: 212-216
- Nocturnal apnea in Chiari type I malformation.Eur J Pediatr. 2011; 170: 1349-1352
- Secondary nocturnal enuresis caused by central sleep apnea from Chiari malformation type 1.J Pediatr Urol. 2010; 6: 265-269
- Arnold Chiari type 1 malformation presenting with sleep disordered breathing in well children.Arch Dis Child. 2006; 91: 342-343
- Central sleep apnoea in Arnold-Chiari malformation: evidence of pathophysiological heterogeneity.Eur Respir J. 1998; 12: 1482-1485
- Isolated sleep apnea due to Chiari type I malformation and syringomyelia.Pediatr Neurol. 1995; 13: 266-267
- Isolated central sleep apnea in type I Chiari malformation: Improvement after surgery.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2010; 45: 1141-1144
- Chiari type I malformation causing central apnoeas in a 4-month-old boy.Eur J Paediatr Neurol. 2009; 13: 463-465
- [Central sleep apnea syndrome as the first sign of type I Chiari malformation].An Pediatr (Barc). 2008; 68: 277-281
- The natural history of the Chiari Type I anomaly.J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2008; 2: 179-187
- Variance of the position of the cerebellar tonsils with age: preliminary report.Radiology. 1992; 183: 725-728
- Obstructive and central sleep apnoea in Arnold-Chiari malformation: resolution following surgical decompression.Sleep Breath. 2011; 15: 611-613
- Defining the signs and symptoms of Chiari malformation type I with and without syringomyelia.Neurol Res. 2011; 33: 240-246
- Chiari I malformation redefined: clinical and radiographic findings for 364 symptomatic patients.Neurosurgery. 1999; 44: 1005-1017
- Relationship of cine phase-contrast magnetic resonance imaging with outcome after decompression for Chiari I malformations.Neurosurgery. 2006; 59: 140-146
Both Umakanth Khatwa, MD and Sriram Ramgopal, MD contributed equally to this manuscript.
Disclosures: Drs. Khatwa, Ramgopal, Mylavarapu, Prabhu, Smith, Pai, Proctor, Scott and Zarowski have nothing to disclose.
Dr. Kothare is funded by the following grants: National Institutes of Health : 1 RC1 HL099749-01 (R21) , and RFA-HL-09-001 , and Investigator Initiated Grant from Eisai Pharma, Inc , to assess safety and efficacy of rufinamide in children, and the Harvard Catalyst to assess cardiorespiratory abnormalities during seizures in children.