Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Delay to diagnosis in acute pediatric arterial ischemic stroke.Stroke. 2009; 40: 58-64
- Delays in investigation and management of acute arterial ischaemic stroke in children.Dev Med Child Neurol. 2008; 50: 537-540
- Delayed diagnosis of acute ischemic stroke in children - a registry-based study in Switzerland.Swiss Med Wkly. 2011; 141: w13281
- Delayed recognition of initial stroke in children: need for increased awareness.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: e227-e234
- Diagnostic delays in paediatric stroke.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2015; 86: 917-921
- Emergence of the primary pediatric stroke center: impact of the thrombolysis in pediatric stroke trial.Stroke. 2014; 45: 2018-2023
- Early stroke recognition: developing an out-of-hospital NIH Stroke Scale.Acad Emerg Med. 1997; 4: 986-990
- The Los Angeles Motor Scale (LAMS): a new measure to characterize stroke severity in the field.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2004; 8: 46-50
- Paramedic identification of stroke: community validation of the Melbourne ambulance stroke screen.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2005; 20: 28-33
- The Recognition of Stroke in the Emergency Room (ROSIER) scale: development and validation of a stroke recognition instrument.Lancet Neurol. 2005; 4: 727-734
- Diagnostic accuracy of stroke referrals from primary care, emergency room physicians, and ambulance staff using the face arm speech test.Stroke. 2003; 34: 71-76
- Prehospital stroke scales in urban environments: a systematic review.Neurology. 2014; 82: 2241-2249
- Out-of-hospital stroke screen accuracy in a state with an emergency medical services protocol for routing patients to acute stroke centers.Ann Emerg Med. 2014; 64: 509-515
- Face Arm Speech Time Test use in the prehospital setting, better in the ambulance than in the emergency medical communication center.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2014; 37: 212-216
- Paramedic diagnosis of stroke: examining long-term use of the Melbourne Ambulance Stroke Screen (MASS) in the field.Stroke. 2010; 41: 1363-1366
- Can the FAST and ROSIER adult stroke recognition tools be applied to confirmed childhood arterial ischemic stroke?.BMC Pediatr. 2011; 11: 93
COTS Stroke Alert Tool. Available at: http://www.goodhealthcolumbus.org/attachments/COTSStrokeAlertPostItPadsRevII124350.pdf. Accessed August 7, 2015.
- Childhood arterial ischaemic stroke incidence, presenting features, and risk factors: a prospective population-based study.Lancet Neurol. 2014; 13: 35-43
- Mimics of childhood stroke: characteristics of a prospective cohort.Pediatrics. 2006; 118: 704-709
- Imaging data reveal a higher pediatric stroke incidence than prior US estimates.Stroke. 2009; 40: 3415-3421
- Stroke and nonstroke brain attacks in children.Neurology. 2014; 82: 1434-1440
- Seizures in acute childhood stroke.J Pediatr. 2012; 160: 291-296
- Seizures as a presenting symptom of acute arterial ischemic stroke in childhood.J Pediatr. 2011; 159: 479-483
- Interrater reliability of the Pediatric National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (PedNIHSS) in a multicenter study.Stroke. 2011; 42: 613-617
- Paediatric stroke: pressing issues and promising directions.Lancet Neurol. 2015; 14: 92-102
Financial disclosures: None.
Funding source: No specific support.
Conflict of interest: None.
Contributor's Statement Page: Dr. Neville identified the subjects, performed the chart reviews, collected the data, performed the initial data analysis, drafted the initial manuscript, and approved the final manuscript as submitted.
Dr. Lo designed the study, performed the final data analysis, revised the manuscript, and approved the final manuscript as submitted.