Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Pediatric Neurology
- National, regional, and state abusive head trauma: application of the CDC algorithm.Pediatrics. 2013; 132: e1546-e1553
- Elevated admission international normalized ratio strongly predicts mortality in victims of abusive head trauma.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2016; 80: 711-716
- Beyond morbidity and mortality: the social and legal outcomes of non-accidental trauma.J Pediatr Surg. 2015; 50: 604-607
- Estimating the probability of abusive head trauma: a pooled analysis.Pediatrics. 2011; 128: e550-e564
- Abusive head trauma: don't overlook bridging vein thrombosis.Pediatr Radiol. 2012; 42: 1298-1300
- Demonstration and interpretation of bridging vein ruptures in cases of infantile subdural bleedings.J Forensic Sci. 2001; 46: 85-93
- Representation of cerebral bridging veins in infants by postmortem computed tomography.Forensic Sci Int. 2006; 163: 93-101
- Correlation between retinal abnormalities and intracranial abnormalities in the shaken baby syndrome.Am J Ophthalmol. 2002; 134: 354-359
- Retinal hemorrhage in abusive head trauma.Pediatrics. 2010; 126: 961-970
- Annual incidence of shaken impact syndrome in young children.Lancet. 2000; 356: 1571-1572
- Why do bridging veins rupture into the virtual subdural space?.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1984; 47: 121-127
- Abusive head trauma in infants and children.Pediatrics. 2009; 123: 1409-1411
- Imaging of bridging vein thrombosis in infants with abusive head trauma: the “Tadpole Sign”.Eur Radiol. 2015; 25: 299-305
- Susceptibility-weighted MR imaging: a review of clinical applications in children.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2008; 29: 9-17
- Susceptibility weighted imaging (SWI).Magn Reson Med. 2004; 52: 612-618
- Multifocal signal loss at bridging veins on susceptibility-weighted imaging in abusive head trauma.Clin Neuroradiol. 2015; 25: 181-185
- Susceptibility weighted imaging depicts retinal hemorrhages in abusive head trauma.Neuroradiology. 2013; 55: 889-893
- Clinical and radiographic characteristics associated with abusive and nonabusive head trauma: a systematic review.Pediatrics. 2012; 130: 315-323
- Detection of ruptured cerebral bridging veins at autopsy.Forensic Sci Int. 1997; 89: 103-110
- Venous injury in abusive head trauma.Pediatr Radiol. 2015; 45: 1803-1813
Funding sources: No external funding for this manuscript.
Conflict of Interest: The authors have no conflicts of interest or financial relationships relevant to this article to disclose.
Author Contributions: Abdullah Khan drafted the manuscript and approved the final manuscript as submitted; Mandeep S. Tamber performed the statistical analysis and reviewed the final manuscript as submitted; Ashok Panigrahy reviewed the images and the final manuscript as submitted; Giulio Zuccoli ideated and designed the study, wrote the neuroimaging part of the study, and reviewed the final manuscript as submitted.