Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Neonatal seizures. I. Correlation of prenatal and perinatal events with outcomes.Pediatrics. 1982; 70: 165-176
- The epidemiology of clinical neonatal seizures in Newfoundland: a population-based study.J Pediatr. 1999; 134: 71-75
- Antenatal and intrapartum risk factors for seizures in term newborns: a population-based study, California 1998-2002.J Pediatr. 2009; 154 (e1): 24-28
- Epilepsy after neonatal seizures: literature review.Eur J Paediatr Neurol. 2014; 19: 6-14
- Contemporary profile of seizures in neonates: a prospective cohort study.J Pediatr. 2016; 174 (e1): 98-103
- Cause of neonatal convulsions. Towards more precise diagnosis.Arch Dis Child. 1986; 61: 78-79
- The current etiologic profile and neurodevelopmental outcome of seizures in term newborn infants.Pediatrics. 2006; 117: 1270-1280
- Epidemiology of neonatal encephalopathy and hypoxic–ischaemic encephalopathy.Early Hum Dev. 2010; 86: 329-338
- Epidemiology and aetiology of neonatal seizures.Semin Fetal Neonatal Med. 2013; 18: 185-191
- Clinical management of seizures in newborns.Paediatr Drugs. 2013; 15: 9-18
- The long-term effects of neonatal seizures.Clin Perinatol. 2009; 36: 901-914
- Electrographic seizures are associated with brain injury in newborns undergoing therapeutic hypothermia.Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2014; 99: F219-F224
- Treating EEG seizures in hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy: a randomized controlled trial.Pediatrics. 2015; 136: e1302-e1309
- Phenobarbital compared with phenytoin for the treatment of neonatal seizures.N Engl J Med. 1999; 341: 485-489
- Brief postnatal exposure to phenobarbital impairs passive avoidance learning and sensorimotor gating in rats.Epilepsy Behav. 2014; 37: 265-269
- Anticonvulsants for neonates with seizures.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004; (CD004218)
- Neonatal seizures: treatment practices among term and preterm infants.Pediatr Neurol. 2012; 46: 111-115
- Treatment duration after acute symptomatic seizures in neonates: a multicenter cohort study.J Pediatr. 2017; 181 (e1): 298-301
- Neonatal seizures: do they damage the brain?.Pediatr Neurol. 2009; 40: 175-180
- Neonatal seizures: dilemmas in workup and management.Pediatr Neurol. 2008; 38: 415-421
- The American Clinical Neurophysiology Society's guideline on continuous electroencephalography monitoring in neonates.J Clin Neurophysiol. 2011; 28: 611
- Anti-N-Methyl-d-Aspartate (NMDA) receptor encephalitis.J Child Neurol. 2017; 32: 243-245
- Clinicians' views on antiepileptic medication management in nonepileptic seizures.J Child Neurol. 2014; 29: 746-750
- The exact ictal and interictal duration of electroencephalographic neonatal seizures.Epilepsia. 1987; 28: 537-541
- Defining the gap between electrographic seizure burden, clinical expression and staff recognition of neonatal seizures.Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2008; 93: F187-F191
- Systematic review of neonatal seizure management strategies provides guidance on anti-epileptic treatment.Acta Paediatr. 2015; 104: 123-129
- Differing attitudes toward phenobarbital use in the neonatal period among neonatologists and child neurologists in Sweden.Eur J Paediatr Neurol. 2013; 17: 55-63
Financial disclosures: The authors have no financial relationships relevant to this article to disclose.
Conflicts of interest: The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.
This article was prepared while Adam L. Hartman, MD, was employed at Johns Hopkins University. The opinions expressed in this article are the authors' own and do not reflect the view of the National Institutes of Health, the Department of Health and Human Services, or the United States government.