Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Pediatric Neurology
- Hyperekplexia and other startle syndromes.J Neurol Sci. 2020; 416: 117051
- Not every excessive startle is hyperekplexia, the curious case of SOD1.Brain. 2020; 143: E11
- Genotype-phenotype correlations in hyperekplexia: apnoeas, learning difficulties and speech delay.Brain. 2013; 136: 3085-3095
- Clinical and genetic investigation of 17 Japanese patients with hyperekplexia.Dev Med Child Neurol. 2015; 57: 372-377
- Hyperekplexia: a Chinese adolescent with 2 novel mutations of the GLRA1 gene.J Child Neurol. 2014; 29: 111-113
- Hyperekplexia: a treatable neurogenetic disease.Brain Dev. 2002; 24: 669-674
- Glycinergic transmission: glycine transporter GlyT2 in neuronal pathologies.Neuronal Signal. 2017; 1NS20160009https://doi.org/10.1042/ns20160009
- Hereditary hyperekplexia overview 1. Hereditary hyperekplexia: clinical characteristics differential diagnosis.in: GeneReviews® [Internet]. Seattle University Washington, Seattle1993-2020: 1-8
- A new hyperekplexia family with a recessive frameshift mutation in the GLRA1 gene.Mov Disord. 2012; 27: 795-796
- Clinical features and genetic analysis of two siblings with startle disease in an Italian family: a case report.BMC Med Genet. 2019; 20: 1-5
- Hyperekplexia: Pedigree studies in two families.Am J Med Genet. 1991; 40: 138-143
- Startle syndromes.Lancet Neurol. 2006; 5: 513-524
- Hyperexplexia: an inherited disorder of the startle response.Clin Genet. 1982; 21: 388-396
- Hyperekplexia.Arch Neurol. 1983; 40: 246-248
- Advances in hyperekplexia and other startle syndromes.Neurol Sci. 2021; 42: 4095-4107
- Startle disease: an AVOIDABLE cause of sudden infant death.Lancet. 1989; 333: 216
- Familiar hyperekplexia, a potential cause of cautious gait: a new Korean case and a systematic review of phenotypes.J Mov Disord. 2017; 10: 53-58
- Hyperekplexia associated with apnea and sudden infant death syndrome.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1994; 148: 540-543
- Glycine receptor mouse mutants: model systems for human hyperekplexia.Br J Pharmacol. 2013; 170: 933
- A novel nonsense autosomal dominant mutation in the GLRA1 gene causing hyperekplexia.J Neural Transm. 2018; 125: 1877-1883
- Novel mutation of GLRA1 in omani families with hyperekplexia and mild mental retardation.Pediatr Neurol. 2012; 46: 89-93
- Glycine promotes the survival of a subpopulation of neural stem cells.Front Cell Dev Biol. 2018; 6: 1-11
- The vomeronasal system.Cell Mol Life Sci. 2001; 58: 546-555
- The impact of human hyperekplexia mutations on glycine receptor structure and function.Mol Brain. 2014; 7: 1-12
- The cerebellum and cognition.Neurosci Lett. 2019; 688: 62-75
- Consensus paper: the cerebellum's role in movement and cognition.Cerebellum. 2014; 13: 151-177
- Stoichiometry and subunit arrangement of α1β glycine receptors as determined by atomic force microscopy.Biochemistry. 2012; 51: 5229-5231
- Structure and functions of inhibitory and excitatory glycine receptors.Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1999; 868: 667-676
- Identification of a gephyrin binding motif on the glycine receptor beta subunit.Neuron. 1995; 15: 563-572
Conflict of interest and source of funding statement: The authors declare no conflict of interest or financial disclosures concerning the materials or methods used in this study or the findings specified in this article.
Consent: Parents of the siblings provided written informed consent for the genetic analysis and the acquisition of multimedia material.
Ethics approval: Ethics approval was not required. Only routine clinical management was made.