Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Prevalence of headache and migraine in children and adolescents: a systematic review of population-based studies.Dev Med Child Neurol. 2010; 52: 1088-1097
- Headache Classification Committee of the International Headache Society (IHS) The International Classification of Headache Disorders, 3rd edition.Cephalalgia. 2018; 38: 1-211https://doi.org/10.1177/0333102417738202
- Monthly variation of United States pediatric headache emergency department visits.Cephalalgia. 2014; 34: 473-478
- Standardizing emergency department–based migraine research: an analysis of commonly used clinical trial outcome measures.Acad. Emerg. Med. 2010; 17: 72-79
- Implementation of an Intravenous Dihydroergotamine Protocol for Refractory Migraine in Children.Headache. 2020; 60: 1653-1663https://doi.org/10.1111/head.13937
- Dihydroergotamine infusion for pediatric refractory headache: A retrospective chart review.Headache. 2021; 61: 777-789https://doi.org/10.1111/head.14117
- Greater occipital nerve block for the acute treatment of prolonged or persistent migraine aura.Cephalalgia. 2017; 37: 812-818https://doi.org/10.1177/0333102416655160
- A Randomized, Sham-Controlled Trial of Bilateral Greater Occipital Nerve Blocks With Bupivacaine for Acute Migraine Patients Refractory to Standard Emergency Department Treatment With Metoclopramide.Headache. 2018; 58: 1427-1434https://doi.org/10.1111/head.13395
- The effectiveness of greater occipital nerve blockade in treating acute migraine-related headaches in emergency departments.Acta Neurol Scand. 2018; 138: 212-218https://doi.org/10.1111/ane.12952
- Greater Occipital Nerve Block for Acute Treatment of Migraine Headache: A Large Retrospective Cohort Study.J Am Board Fam Med. 2018; 31: 211-218https://doi.org/10.3122/jabfm.2018.02.170188
- Evaluation of Occipital Nerve Blocks for Acute Pain Relief of Migraines.J Clin Pharmacol. 2020; 60: 378-383https://doi.org/10.1002/jcph.1528
- Comparison of greater occipital nerve and supra orbital nerve blocks methods in the treatment of acute migraine attack: A randomized double-blind controlled trial.Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2021; 207106821https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clineuro.2021.106821
- Role of Greater Occipital Nerve Block in Headache Disorders: A Narrative Review.Neurol India. 2021; 69: S228-S256https://doi.org/10.4103/0028-3886.315993
- A randomized, double-dummy, emergency department-based study of greater occipital nerve block with bupivacaine versus intravenous metoclopramide for treatment of migraine: A comment.Headache. 2021; 61: 218https://doi.org/10.1111/head.14044
- Outcomes of greater occipital nerve injections in pediatric patients with chronic primary headache disorders.Pediatr Neurol. 2014; 50: 135-139
- Greater Occipital Nerve Injection (GONI) for chronic headache in children.Journal of Headache and Pain. 2010; : 76
- Pediatric Post-Traumatic Headaches and Peripheral Nerve Blocks of the Scalp: A Case Series and Patient Satisfaction Survey.Headache. 2014; 54: 878-887
- Occipital Nerve Blocks for Pediatric Posttraumatic Headache: A Case Series.J Child Neurol. 2015; 30: 1142-1146
- Regional anaesthesia in neonates, infants and children: an educational review.Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2015; 32: 289-297
- Nerve blocks in the treatment of headache.Neurotherapeutics. 2010; 7: 197-203
- Greater occipital nerve injection in primary headache syndromes--prolonged effects from a single injection.Pain. 2006; 122: 126-129
- “Hospital Burden of Migraine in United States Adults: A 15-year National Inpatient Sample Analysis.” Plastic and reconstructive surgery.Global open. 23 Apr. 2020; 8e2790https://doi.org/10.1097/GOX.0000000000002790
- Outcome and Cost of Inpatient Hospitalization for Intravenous Dihydroergotamine Treatment of Refractory Pediatric Headache.Pediatr Neurol. 2017 Jan; 66: 76-81
- Increase rate of venous thrombosis may be associated with inpatient dihydroergotamine treatment.Neurology. 2017; 89: 279-283
- OnabotulinumtoxinA for treatment of chronic migraine: results from the double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled phase of the PREEMPT 2 trial.Cephalalgia. 2010; 30: 804-814
- OnabotulinumtoxinA for treatment of chronic migraine: results from the double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled phase of the PREEMPT 1 trial.Cephalalgia. 2010; 30: 793-803
- The placebo responder rate in children and adolescents.Headache. 2005; 45: 232-239
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
AG helped conceive and design the study, acquire the data, analyze the results, draft the manuscript.
MC helped draft and critically revise the manuscript for important intellectual content.
LDF helped analyze and interpret the results, draft and critically revise the manuscript for important intellectual content.
GK helped conceive and design the study, and critically revise the manuscript for important intellectual content.
Conflict of Interest Disclosures
The authors declared no potential conflicts of interest with respect to the research, authorship, and/or publication of the article.
This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.
Our institution provided IRB approval. Study#: 2022-012 / IRB #: 1887539
Informed consent was not required. IRB approved the study under Exemption 4ii.